Friday, November 08, 2013

Best Music of 2013

I love the teens. And not in a creepy "older guy can't forget high school" way. I mean 2013. Thirteen. The first year of 'the teens.' So much great music happened this year.

It was more difficult than usual, but I finally decided on my 25 favorite albums. So here we go, 15 albums first (25-11), then my top 10 a week later. The only difference this year is that I'm not going to put these first 15 in any sort of numerical order. I listened to all of these albums a lot this year, they're all my favorites:

(Oh, and let me know if you'd like a dropbox of any of these. We're all friends here, right?)

The Range - Nonfiction
I work at the Windish Agency now.
listen: Metal Swing

Holy Ghost! - Dynamics
If you didn't change in 2013, you're already dead.
listen: It Must Be the Weather

Autre Ne Veut - Anxiety
Of course it's a gimmick, who cares, his voice is shot after half a year but now we have this for all time on the internets.
listen: Play By Play

Delorean - APAR
Delorean realized that you don't have to try so hard to dance; just feel what's here.
listen: Dominion

Darkside - Psychic
Patience is rewarded yo.
listen: Golden Arrow

Ryan Hemsworth - Guilt Trips
This guy is a DJ, and he produces this. Dig it.
listen: Ryan Must Be Destroyed

Bibio - Silver Wilkinson
Album closes with the saddest goddamn thing, and I remain haunted.
listen: You Won't Remember

Pacific Air - Stop Talking
Whistle sweet saccharine mouth--toothache too much sugar.
listen: Float

Chvrches - The Bones of What You Believe
It's pop music. Nothing else to say.
listen: Gun

Ducktails - The Flower Lane
The song below got my favorite remix of the year, thanks to Mark McGuire. And it's my favorite New York video too.
listen: Letter of Intent

Ejecta - Dominae
Joel Ford and a girl from Neon Indian who likes to get naked.
listen: Afraid of the Dark

After Dark 2
It's so dark in here, and you're wearing pretty clothes and nice make-up.
listen: Desire - Tears From Heaven

Jon Hopkins - Immunity
This is the most beautiful.
listen: Immunity

Postiljonen - Skyer
Saxophone of Sweden, carry me to the winter beach of my dreams.
listen: Atlantis

Superhumanoids - Exhibitionists
"Time won't. Wait for. Either of us. We don't Belong. Never. Better. We both know. It's good that you're gone."
listen: Geri

1 comment:

Aaron Lopez said...

hook up a dropbox link for that Bibio.