Saturday, January 22, 2011

DJ set list, darkroom (1/21/11)

I should have done this for my night at The Burlington too, but from now on I'll make sure to post my set lists on this blog. Just for general record keeping. Last night I was at darkroom for an hour and a half. My first Friday night DJing at a legit club. Small crowd due to 0 degree temps and short notice promotion, but the few dozen people who showed up danced anyway. Here's what happened:

Tom Ze - Filho Do Pato

John Mayer - I Don't Trust Myself With Loving You

Notorious BIG - Big Poppa

Paul Young - Every Time You Go Away

(you wouldn't believe how fun the mashup of those three songs is. Come out to my next night and I'll do it again.)

Sneaker Pimps - 6 Underground

Out Hud - 2005: A Face Odyssey

CFCF - You Hear Colours

Big Boi - Tangerine

Toro y Moi - Low Shoulder

Arcade Fire - Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)

GusGus - Polyesterday

The xx - Intro

Al Green - Love and Happiness

HEALTH - Nice Girls (Little Loud Remix)

Mount Kimbie - Before I Move Off

Dennis Brown - At the Foot of the Mountain

Genesis - I Can't Dance

CFCF - Big Love

Chicago Bulls theme

Daft Punk - Da Funk

Public Enemy - Bring the Noise

Herbert - Something Isn't Right

Robyn - Hang With Me

Cut Copy - Take Me Over (my favorite song of the night. Nobody knew what it was. But it's been stuck in my head for the past two weeks and it felt great to play it for a crowd. So fun.)

Crystal Castles - Pap Smear

Ratatat - Shempi

Prince - Erotic City

Nikita Warren - I Need You

Kanye West - Dark Fantasy

De La Soul - The Magic Number

No comments: