Monday, July 19, 2010

Pitchfork Fest 2010 Day Three


1. Finally, that good vibe that comes with Pitchfork every year finally hit towards the end of the afternoon. I can still feel the warmth of its glow.

2. After so much wussy indie music, thank the heavenly stars for Lightning Bolt.

3. It should've been called Chillwave Fest this year. My hair smells like pot smoke. (Washed Out did sound pretty good though)

4. It felt so good to hear people say how they listen to CHIRP during their workdays. And hearing the record labels and stores thank us at the end of the night too. Oh I'm very glad to be a part of this organization right now. All good things.

5. I'm not exactly sure if I have any specific reasons really, but Sunday was the best day of the festival.

6. I don't know why I wasn't expecting Outkast songs, but I'm glad Big Boi did them. And the break-dancing children are the highlight of this weekend in hip hop.

7. I've gotten a good amount of biking in this weekend. Not much eating either. I wonder if I lost any weight...

8. Julie from CHIRP scavenged me a PBR tonight. She didn't have to, but she did. I am thankful to her for getting a non-hieneken beer to her indie-radio brother. It's just how we treat each other around these parts.

9. I missed Pavement. I do not care.

10. Hopefully the drugs don't wear off until after High Places tomorrow (noon. Millennium Park. Official post-Pitchfork hangover show. see ya there.)

No comments: