Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Good Sub Pop Day


I just got back from a mini-vacation to Seattle, where I experienced winds gustier than Chicago's and dined at the inspiration for Longman & Eagle with freelancer colleague Robert Ham. I probably should have visited Sub Pop too, to thank those good folks for the work they've done over the past two decades. If this day had come last week, I would have.

Two press releases came in my inbox today: Blitzen Trapper's new album, Destroyer of the Void, coming out in June, and a new David Cross album, Bigger and Blackerer, in late May. I just listened to both albums, and will do so again as soon as I'm done with this blog post. David Cross first, because he made fun of Whole Foods.

I'll be writing extensively about both of these albums, hopefully another interview with Blitzen Trapper too (I won't count on such a thing with David Cross, but you never know. Stay tuned.). So watch the blog for more. For now, here's a download of the new track from Destroyer of the Void (It's not even close to the best tracks on the album though):

Heaven and Earth

No comments: