Tuesday, May 19, 2009

June Movies

Here are a few trailers that are making me anxious to get to the movie theatre. I don't think I've written anything about film on this blog before, but that's all about to change. I just watched a Kenneth Anger DVD, and now I'm craving some more of that good stuff. Moving pictures are one of my deepest loves. 

Here's what I hope will hold me over until October (and if you don't know what that alludes to,  I'm sorry.):

June 12


Well, it looks a lot like 2001 (set in space, future, talking robot assistant, creepy hallucinations, etc.), but man, I'm just hooked by this trailer. And an homage to Kubrick can't really be a bad idea anyway. Sam Rockwell was brilliant in Snow Angels, so I know he's got what it takes to deliver the goods.

June 11


It's a love/hate thing I have for Vincent Gallo. Actually, now that I think about it, I don't love him at all. I hate Vincent Gallo. But it looks like Francis Coppola has done good again. I'm always up for a good black and white with colored dream sequenced art film.

June 19


Woody Allen and Larry David. That's it. I'm sold.

I'm going to see these three movies next month. I'll be sure to write reviews here so my friends in Kansas City, Orlando, and all the other places in the country with limited release troubles can know what they're missing. But if anybody in Chicago wants to double date any of these, let me know. We're collectively excited for Whatever Works. Preferably a Curb Your Enthusiasm fan, Larry David can be pretty perplexing if you're not familiar with his work...

No comments: