Sunday, April 26, 2009

Arrested Again?


Tonight was our going away party. We will leave Florida forever on Monday Morning, but we had to celebrate this fact today. In yesterday's post, I mentioned being arrested twice (so I'm more than capable). And as you know, Matt Mackowiak is around this weekend too. So if we do the math, something ridiculous should occur anytime now.

Well, the weekend is only halfway through, but tonight was kind of ridiculous.

I've been practicing with my Traktor DJ Software for a good couple of years. I've never played at any parties, but I officially popped my DJ cherry tonight. I got people dancing. People I didn't even know. Even a few black people I didn't even know!

.......sorry.

But it was a really fun time. The few Floridian friends we have decided to invite a bunch of people over to our place to party. Of course, we didn't mind. But right at the height of things, at the climax of the music, amidst jumping, dancing and screaming, somebody ran over to me with some distressing news. 

"Dylan! Dylan, you have cops!"

My head stopped bobbing, I looked up into the crowd and saw a couple of thick, stocky men in black, shining their flashlights into my eyes. They were walking toward my huddled little corner on our back porch.

"Can I see your I.D. please sir?"

I turned down the beats. We were getting shut down. They called me away from the crowd, and explained to me how they won't arrest me as long as I keep the noise down once they left. It was a very fair deal, and I happily agreed. (I was running low on the high-energy tracks anyway...)

So at the peak of our party, we got shut down. And I must say, I felt pretty good about it. I think if a DJ does his job right, he'll get the cops to show up at the height of the madness. One might say that I'm 1 for 1 in the DJ business. I'll make sure to put it on my DJ resume that I got shut down right out of the gate.

It was a fun night. Matt Mackowiak really wasn't to blame in any way for the cops showing up though. But I suppose he was an accomplice. He even helped make an illegal fire pit. ha.

If you're wondering what got folks up tonight, here's what I played:

Thelonious Monk - Bemsha Swing
M.I.A. - Paper Planes
The Cool Kids - Black Mags
Phoenix - 1901
Sam Sparro - Black and Gold
The Cool Kids - Bassment Party
The Proclaimers - I'm Gonna Be w/ Isolee - Today
Tag Team - Whoomp! There It Is w/ School of Seven Bells - Half Asleep
The Field - The Little Heart Beats So Fast
Cut Copy - Lights and Music w/ 2 Unlimited - Twilight Zone
Ratatat - Shempi
Daft Punk - Human After All (Justice remix)
Grizzly Bear - Knife (CSS remix)
Crystal Castles - 1991
Santogold w/ LCD Soundsystem - Get Innocuous and Was Not Was - Walk the Dinosaur
Chicago Bulls theme with Daft Punk - Da Funk
Public Enemy w/ Justice - D.A.N.C.E.
Walter Meego - Forever
The Knife - We Share Our Mother's Health
Beastie Boys - Intergalactic w/ Kanye West - Stronger
Montell Jordan - This is How We Do It
Peter Gabriel - Solsbury Hill
Junior Senior w/ Lil Jon - Can I Get Low?
Cadence Weapon - Limited Edition OJ Slammer
69 Boys - Tootsie Roll w/ Beastie Boys - Sure Shot
Crazy Q - Local Hero 
Tobacco - Street Trash w/ Kanye West - Heartless
Out Hud - 2005 Face Odyssey w/ C & C Music Factory - Everybody Dance Now
Sneaker Pimps - 6 Underground
Biggie - Big Poppa w/ Mashetti Moses - Zombie Nation
The Who - Baba O'Reilley
Menomena - Weird (Dekoder remix)
Crystal Castles - Magic Spells w/ The Offspring - Pretty Fly for a White Guy
Shop Boyz - Party Like a Rock Star w/ Cupid Shuffle
SHUT DOWN.

No comments: